Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed on the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays, if applicable.
- A list of current medical conditions and a list of medications (names, dosages, and frequency) you are presently taking.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
- Your completed Patient Registration Forms
- Your completed Policy Insurance Forms
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under the age of 18 years of age at the consultation visit.
A preoperative consultation and physical examination are mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery. On the day of surgery, you must have had nothing to eat or drink eight hours before your surgery. You will also need an adult to drive you home.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern before surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office at your consultation appointment. If additional x-rays are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.